Date/time: 16/12/2017, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 07:00 PT (USA)
Venue: Stamford Bridge, South West London, UK
TV: None (UK), NBCSN (USA) and check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
Streaming: None (UK), NBCSN (USA)
Radio: BBC Radio Solent (UK)
Southampton are in trouble this Premier League season as they take to the pitch to face yet another of England’s footballing behemoths, Chelsea, on Saturday afternoon.
Saints fell 4-1 losers to Leicester City on Wednesday with Claude Puel’s men displaying the kind of attacking ruthlessness Southampton fans have been yearning for. Meanwhile, 2016/17 Premier League champions Chelsea rebounded from a surprising 1-0 loss to rivals West Ham United with a comfortable 3-1 win away at Huddersfield Town midweek.
Under fire Saints boss Mauricio Pellegrino has a full squad at his disposal with no injury worries.
Chelsea will be missing defender David Luiz, though they are likely to welcome back top scoring Spain striker Alvaro Morata to the side after he had missed the Blues’ aforementioned win at Huddersfield.
Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Chelsea have won each of their last three Premier League games against Southampton since losing 3-1 at Stamford Bridge in October 2015.
- Saints have kept one clean sheet in their last 24 league games against the Blues - a goalless draw in west London on Boxing Day 2002.
- Chelsea have won seven of their last nine league matches (D1, L1), including their last four games at Stamford Bridge.
- Antonio Conte has won 74.6% of his league matches as Chelsea head coach, the best record of any Blues boss.
- All but one one of their nine Premier League defeats under Conte have come in London.
- Willian has been directly involved in six league and cup goals in his last four starts for Chelsea, with four goals and two assists.
- Eden Hazard has had a hand in five goals in his last seven games against Southampton, scoring three and providing two assists.
- Southampton have only won two of their 40 top-flight matches away to the reigning champions - against Leeds in 1970 and Chelsea in 2015.
- Saints' tally of 18 points after 17 games is their lowest at this stage since their first season back in the Premier League in 2012-13.
- They have six points fewer than at this stage last term under Claude Puel.
Charlie Austin has scored eight goals in his last 12 Premier League starts for Southampton, including four in his last four games.
Bet 365: Chelsea: 2/5 - Draw: 4/1 - Southampton: 8/1
Bet Victor: Chelsea: 4/11 - Draw: 21/5 - Southampton: 7/1
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we're not responsible for its content).