Date/time: 23/12/2017, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 07:00 PT (USA)
Venue: St. Mary’s Stadium, Southampton, UK
TV: None (UK), NBC Gold (USA) and check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
Streaming: None (UK), NBC Gold (USA)
Radio: BBC Radio Solent (UK)
Southampton’s 1-0 loss away at Chelsea has had large repercussions for Mauricio Pellegrino’s side as they are now missing both full backs Ryan Bertrand and Cedric Soares, both players leaving the pitch sustaining injury.
Huddersfield Town, meanwhile, will be missing forward Elias Kachunga with a knee injury, while midfielder Jonathan Hogg serves a one-match ban after picking up a red card in his team’s impressive 4-1 win away at Watford last week.
Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Southampton have won their last three home games against Huddersfield in all competitions by an aggregate score of 13-1.
- Huddersfield's last away win at Southampton, in 1971, was also their most recent top-flight visit.
- Southampton have won just once in nine Premier League games (D3, L5).
- They've also gone nine top-flight games without a clean sheet.
- However, they have lost just one of their last 26 home Premier League games against promoted sides (W17, D8) - a 0-1 defeat by Cardiff in April 2014.
- Charlie Austin has four goals in his last four starts for Southampton.
- Austin has also registered four goals and two assists in his last seven league appearances against Huddersfield.
- Huddersfield have won two of their last three Premier League games, as many victories as in their previous 13 (D3, L8).
- Victory could put Huddersfield in the top half of the top flight on Christmas Day for the first time since 1954.
- Only two of the Terrier's six top-flight wins have come on the road, but both have been by three-goal margins (3-0 v Palace and 4-1 v Watford).
- They had conceded 18 consecutive away league goals without scoring before Elias Kachunga found the net at Watford last weekend.
Laurent Delpoitre has two goals and an assist in his last two Premier League games - he scored just twice in his first 13 appearances.
Bet 365: Southampton: 8/13 - Draw: 29/10 - Huddersfield: 11/2
Bet Victor: Southampton: 8/13 - Draw: 29/10 - Everton: 11/2
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we're not responsible for its content).