HOW TO WATCH, STREAM PREMIER LEAGUE:
Date/time: 10/11/2018, 15:00 (UK), 11:00 ET, 08:00 PT (USA)
Venue: Etihad Stadium, Manchester, UK
TV: None (UK), NBC Sports Gold (USA) and check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
Available Streaming: None (UK), Fubo.TV (EVERY Southampton game with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members), NBC Sports (USA).
Radio: BBC Radio Solent (UK)
READ MORE: Les Reed sacked as Southampton vice-chairman
Southampton vs. Watford Team News:
Whether it was against last season’s champions Manchester City or not, Saints’ embarrassing 6-1 drubbing was not good enough as the club sits precariously above the relegation zone.
It’s been an interesting week for Southampton, with Saints vice-chairman Les Reed being sacked. Manager Mark Hughes is confident of his future at the club, though he is facing some mounting pressure as Southampton’s results falter.
In terms of team news, Hughes could miss two players for the Watford game. Wesley Hoedt and Mario Lemina are doubts, suffering from a foot infection and a thigh strain respectively.
Watford captain Troy Deeney is expected to return to the first team having missed three games with a hamstring injury. However, Tom Cleverly, Sebastian Prodl and Daryl Janmaat are all sidelines with injury, while Etienne Capoue is suspended.
Southampton vs. Watford Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Watford won the corresponding fixture last season, with two long-range strikes clinching a 2-0 victory.
- The teams’ most recent meeting came in the FA Cup last January in Javi Gracia’s first game in charge of Watford. Saints won 1-0.
- Southampton are without a win in seven league games (D3, L4).
- They are yet to win at St Mary’s this season (D3, L2). They’ve never failed to win any of their first six home games.
- Their only goal in six league games came from the penalty spot. Only bottom side Huddersfield have scored fewer than Southampton’s seven league goals this season.
- Mark Hughes has won just three of his 19 Premier League matches in charge of Saints.
- Hughes has won his last four Premier League games against Watford, though all came while he was manager of Stoke.
- They have only won two of their past seven league fixtures, although both victories have come in the last three games.
- Watford’s tally of 19 points is their highest after 11 games of a top-flight season. A point on Saturday would give them their biggest total after 12 matches.
- Watford have failed to score in 10 of their last 13 Premier League away fixtures.
- The Hornets had 16 shots in their last fixture against Newcastle but only one was on target.
- Midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure has scored in all three of his Premier League appearances against Southampton.
- Ben Foster’s next Premier League appearance will be his 300th.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).