HOW TO WATCH, STREAM PREMIER LEAGUE:
Date/time: 24/11/2018, 15:00 (UK), 11:00 ET, 08:00 PT (USA)
Venue: Craven Cottage, London, UK
TV: None (UK), NBC Sports Gold (USA) and check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
Available Streaming: None (UK), Fubo.TV (EVERY Southampton game with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members), NBC Sports (USA).
Radio: BBC Radio Solent (UK)
READ MORE: OPINION - Les Reed is gone, but bigger problems remain at Southampton
READ MORE: Southampton injury update - key man a “big doubt”
Fulham vs. Southampton Team News:
The international break is over and Premier League football is back in our lives.
Unfortunately for Southampton and Fulham fans, they haven’t exactly enjoyed the thought of league football since the season began in August.
Fulham currently sit at the bottom of the league table in 20th with five points, while Southampton lie 17th on eight points - precariously above the relegation zone.
The Cottagers’ poor form has resulted in the sacking of manager Slavisa Jokanovic, replacing him with former Leicester City boss Claudio Ranieri. This will be Ranieri’s first match in charge at Fulham.
Saints boss Mark Hughes is also under some intense pressure, having overseen only three wins in 20 league games at Southampton.
This game is a must-win.
Southampton’s top-scoring striker Danny Ings is a “big doubt” to appear on Saturday, though Hughes is hopeful Mohamed Elyounoussi and Mario Lemina could feature.
Saints left-back Ryan Bertrand is suspended, so its likely former Fulham loanee Matt Targett will appear against his former team.
Fulham will be missing Kevin McDonald and Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa through injury. However, Ranieri believes Joe Bryan will be available after overcoming a hamstring injury.
Fulham vs. Southampton Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Southampton are unbeaten in their past six league and cup games against Fulham, winning the last three encounters without conceding.
- Fulham have only lost one of their last 14 home league fixtures against Saints, though that came in the most recent top-flight clash on 1 February 2014.
- Only two sides have ever accrued fewer points than Fulham’s five from their opening 12 Premier League games: Everton (1994-95) and QPR (2012-13) both had four points at this stage.
- The Cottagers could lose seven successive league matches for the first time since an 11-game losing streak between December 1961 and February 1962.
- Fulham are one of just two teams yet to keep a clean sheet in English league football this season, along with League Two Macclesfield.
- They have gone 16 top-flight matches without a clean sheet and have conceded at least twice in 14 of those fixtures.
- Fulham’s next win will be their 300th in the top flight.
- Claudio Ranieri’s first league games in charge of Chelsea and Leicester both featured six goals; the former drew 3-3 with Manchester United in 2000 while the latter beat Sunderland 4-2 in 2015.
- Twelve of Aleksandar Mitrovic’s 14 shots on target in the Premier League this season came in Fulham’s first six games, with just two in the subsequent six matches.
- Saints are winless in their last eight league games, losing four of those matches.
- Mark Hughes has won three of his 20 league games in charge of Southampton (D7, L10).
- Saints have only managed 47 goals in their past 56 league matches.
- They have won just one of their last 10 league games versus newly-promoted sides (D6, L3), with that solitary victory coming against Middlesbrough in May 2017.
- Danny Ings has been directly involved in 63% of his team’s eight Premier League goals this season - scoring four and assisting one. It’s the highest percentage of any player this season.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).