HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS MANCHESTER UNITED AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 1/12/2018, 17:30 (UK), 12:30 ET, 09:30 PT (USA)
Venue: St. Mary’s Stadium, Southampton, UK
TV: BT Sport (UK), NBC (USA) and check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
Available Streaming: BT Sport (UK), Fubo.TV (EVERY Southampton game with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members), NBC Sports (USA).
Radio: TalkSport (UK)
Southampton vs. Manchester United Team News:
Southampton are in dire straits following last week’s 3-2 loss away at Fulham, and manager Mark Hughes is seeing the vultures circling as speculation about his job security heightens each week.
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is enduring a similarly torrid time from the press and an expectant fanbase, looking more miserable every game - win, draw or lose.
United are currently sat 7th in the Premier League table, seven points off the Champions League qualification places. Saints, meanwhile, dropped to 19th last night after Cardiff City defeated Wolverhampton Wanderers, lifting them from the relegation zone.
Danny Ings, Ryan Bertrand and Matt Targett are all big doubts for Southampton, each suffering from injury.
Alexis Sanchez and Victor Lindelof are certainties to miss out with injury for the Red Devils, while Marcos Rojo and Matteo Darmian are doubts.
Southampton vs. Manchester United Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Southampton have gone five league and cup matches without a win against Manchester United, losing three of them.
- Saints are winless in the last 10 home meetings in all competitions, losing eight.
- Their last home victory over United was by 1-0 in August 2003, when James Beattie scored an 88th-minute winner.
- Manchester United have come from behind to beat Southampton eight times in the Premier League - a joint-high in the competition.
- Romelu Lukaku’s winner in last season’s corresponding fixture is the only goal scored in the past three league meetings.
- Southampton are winless in their past nine league games, drawing four and losing five.
- Saints are one of only two Premier League clubs yet to win at home this term, the other being Crystal Palace.
- Their only victory in 17 home league matches came against Bournemouth in April (D9, L7).
- Southampton have lost a league-high 10 points from winning positions this season.
- Mark Hughes has won just three of his 21 league games in charge of Southampton.
- Hughes is unbeaten in his last four league matches against Jose Mourinho, winning one and drawing three.
- Manchester United have won four and lost one of their last six matches in all competitions.
- A defeat in December would equal their Premier League club record of seven away losses within a calendar year.
- United have conceded five goals in the opening 15 minutes, a joint league-high with Leicester, Fulham and Cardiff.
- The Red Devils have a negative goal difference after 13 games of a top-flight campaign for the first time since 1977-78.
- Four of Manchester United’s last five Premier League away goals have been scored by Anthony Martial.
- Romelu Lukaku has scored four Premier League career goals at St Mary’s against Southampton.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).