HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS ARSENAL AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 16/12/2018, 13:30 (UK), 8:30 ET, 5:30 PT (USA)
Venue: St. Mary’s Stadium, Southampton, UK
TV: Sky Sports (UK), NBC Sports Gold (USA) and check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
Available Streaming: Sky GO (UK), Fubo.TV (EVERY Southampton game with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members), NBC Sports (USA).
Radio: BBC Radio 5 Live (UK)
Southampton vs. Arsenal Team and Injury News:
New Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl has a tough start to life at St. Mary’s with the visit of Unai Emery’s Arsenal.
Saints are struggling to find any semblance of form, while Arsenal have been imperious, going 22 games without defeat in all competitions.
However, there is some good news for Southampton as a number of players look set to return to first-team action.
Cedric has recovered from his calf injury and is expected to feature, while long-term absentees Danny Ings and Shane Long are now back in contention.
Arsenal will miss defenders Sokratis and Shkodran Mustafi, who are both suspended for a match after picking up five yellow cards this season.
The Gunners could welcome back Aaron Ramsey, who has missed a couple of matches due to an ankle injury.
Southampton vs. Arsenal Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Southampton have won just six of their 38 Premier League matches versus Arsenal, (D10, L22), and only two of the last 17.
- The Saints’ Premier League win ratio of 15.8% in this fixture is their lowest against any opponent they have met at least five times.
- However, Arsenal have won only one of their last seven away games against Southampton in the Premier League, a 2-0 win in May 2017 (D4, L2).
- Southampton could set a club record of 13 Premier League games without a win. They have only had two longer top-flight winless runs: 20 matches in 1969, and 17 in 1989.
- They have gone eight home games without a league victory since beating Bournemouth in April (D5, L3).
- Saints have won only four of their last 41 Premier League fixtures, drawing 17 and losing 20.
- Their record of one win, six draws and nine defeats is their worst after 16 matches of a league campaign.
- They are winless in 29 attempts against last season’s top six, drawing eight matches and losing 21.
- Southampton have lost a league-high 12 points from winning positions this campaign.
- Arsenal have gone 22 games without defeat in all competitions (W17, D5), their longest unbeaten run since a 28-match sequence in November 2007.
- The Gunners are unbeaten in 14 Premier League outings, winning 10 and drawing four - their best run since April 2011.
- A win would result in Arsenal’s best points tally after 17 fixtures for a decade.
- Arsenal have lost just one of their last 37 Premier League games against sides in the relegation zone (W30, D6), a 3-1 defeat at Swansea in January.
- Unai Emery has made a league-high 14 substitutions before the start of the second half this season, while Arsenal’s substitutes have scored an unrivalled eight goals.
- The Gunners are yet to lead at half-time in any of their 16 Premier League games this season, having been level in 12 and behind in four.
- Arsenal have secured a league-high 12 points from losing positions in 2018-19.
- They have kept only one clean sheet in their last 17 Premier League away matches.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).