HOW TO WATCH, STREAM HUDDERSFIELD TOWN VS SOUTHAMPTON AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 22/12/2018, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 07:00 PT (USA)
Venue: John Smith’s Stadium, Huddersfield, UK
TV: None (UK), NBC Sports Gold (USA) and check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
Available Streaming: None (UK), Fubo.TV (EVERY Southampton game with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members), NBC Sports (USA).
Radio: BBC Radio Solent (UK)
Huddersfield Town vs. Southampton Team News:
Southampton look to have a new lease of life under new manager Ralph Hasenhuttl following their 3-2 win against Arsenal last week.
However, a big test faces them today as the Saints take on David Wagner’s Huddersfield Town, a team sat in the relegation zone two points and two places beneath them.
The Terriers will be determined to get three points to improve their Premier League survival chances.
Saints have no fresh injury concerns for Saturday afternoon and a number of players look like they could return.
While Ryan Bertrand is a certain omission, the likes of Cedric, Mario Lemina, Jack Stephens, Nathan Redmond and Michael Obafemi could all be in the running after brief spells of injury.
Huddersfield will be missing Aaron Mooy, Danny Williams, Tommy Smith and Abdelhamid Sabiri. However, Wagner will have striker Steve Mounie back at his disposal after serving a three-game ban, while Rajiv van La Para could feature following recovery from injury.
Huddersfield Town vs. Southampton Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Both encounters last season ended level, including a goalless draw at the John Smith’s Stadium in August 2017.
- Southampton have won five and lost two of their last nine matches against Huddersfield in all competitions.
- However, Huddersfield are unbeaten in their past three home games against Saints, winning two of them.
- Huddersfield have lost 11 of their 18 league games this season, including each of their last four by a single-goal margin.
- The Terriers have been defeated in six of their nine home games, the second worst record in the division behind Newcastle.
- They have scored just three home league goals, the joint-lowest tally after nine top-flight matches, along with Everton in 1998-99 and Arsenal in 1912-13.
- Huddersfield have scored 10 Premier League goals this season, four fewer than any other side.
- Southampton are looking to record back-to-back Premier League victories for the first time since April 2017.
- They are winless in seven away league games, losing six of them.
- Saints have conceded 13 goals in their last four away fixtures, all of which ended in defeat.
- They have drawn a joint league-high six games - they led the league in draws last season, with 15.
- Charlie Austin has scored five goals in his last eight league games against Huddersfield.
- Danny Ings has scored six league goals, just one short of the total number scored by Southampton’s top scorer in each of the previous two campaigns.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).