HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS MANCHESTER CITY AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 30/12/2018, 14:15 (UK), 09:15 ET, 06:15 PT (USA)
Venue: St. Mary’s Stadium, Southampton, UK
TV: Sky Sports (UK), NBCSN (USA) and check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
Available Streaming: Sky GO (UK), Fubo.TV (EVERY Southampton game with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members), NBC Sports (USA).
Radio: BBC Radio 5 Live (UK)
Southampton vs. Manchester City Team News, Injury Update:
Thursday’s defeat to West Ham will be a wake up call for Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl, especially with teams around them in this Premier League relegation battle winning, including Fulham and Cardiff City.
Unfortunately for the Saints, Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City lie in wait.
Saints welcome Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg back into the squad after he missed the West Ham loss through suspension. However, Michael Obafemi and Ryan Bertrand are 100% ruled out of this game with injury, while Mario Lemina is doubtful with a stomach problem.
Manchester City will be missing talisman Fernandinho in midfield, while Fabian Delph is out after picking up a red card in their last game against Leicester City.
David Silva is expected to start after returning from his thigh injury against Leicester.
Southampton vs. Manchester City Stats and Facts (via BBC Sport):
- Southampton have won just one of their last 11 Premier League meetings with Manchester City (D2, L8), a 4-2 success in May 2016 (when Sadio Mane scored a hat-trick).
- City are looking to win five in a row against Saints in the Premier League for the first time.
- Southampton have dropped 15 points from winning positions in the Premier League this season, the most of any top-flight side.
- They have scored seven league goals in their four matches under Ralph Hasenhuttl, as many as in their previous 10 fixtures combined.
- Saints have only won one of 10 league games this season against sides in the top half of the table, losing seven of those matches.
- Victory over Arsenal on 16 December was their first in 30 Premier League games against sides from the current top six (D8, L21).
- They could lose three consecutive Premier League matches for the first time since February to March 2016 under Manuel Pellegrini.
- Six of Pep Guardiola’s 11 Premier League defeats have come in the month of December.
- City’s three recent losses have been characterised by their opponents scoring with the first shot they attempted.
- Manchester City have gone nine matches in all competitions without a clean sheet.
- They have not won their final Premier League match of a calendar year since 2013, failing to score in each of the last three years.
- Club record scorer Sergio Agüero is two short of 250 career league goals. He has scored four goals and assisted four more in his last eight league games against Southampton.
- Raheem Sterling has been directly involved in 10 goals in his last 10 league matches against Southampton, scoring six and setting up four.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).