HOW TO WATCH, STREAM TOTTENHAM VS SOUTHAMPTON AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 5/12/2018, 20:00 (UK), 15:00 ET, 12:00 PT (USA)
Venue: Wembley Stadium, London, UK
TV: None (UK), NBC Sports Gold (USA) and check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
Available Streaming: None (UK), Fubo.TV (EVERY Southampton game with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members), NBC Sports (USA).
Radio: BBC Radio Solent (UK)
Tottenham vs. Southampton Team News:
Following Mark Hughes’ sacking on Monday morning, former Saints goalkeeper Kelvin Davis will take interim charge of Southampton on Wednesday night’s away trip to play Tottenham.
There are other problems with Saints in what is certain to be a tough fixture.
Davis’ Southampton squad will miss Mario Lemina through suspension, while the likes of Michael Obafemi, Ryan Bertrand, Matt Targett and Danny Ings are all big injury doubts.
Former Saints manager Mauricio Pochettino’s Spurs are without defender Jan Vertonghen, who is banned following his red card against Arsenal on Sunday.
Vertonghen’s Belgian compatriot Toby Alderweireld, a former Southampton player, is likely to feature in his place.
Tottenham vs. Southampton Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Saints have won just three of their 19 Premier League visits to Tottenham, most recently in May 2016 when Steven Davis scored both of Southampton’s goals.
- Southampton have kept only one clean sheet in their last 27 away league games against Spurs.
- None of Tottenham’s last 18 Premier League games have ended in a draw (W13, L5) - the longest current run without one in the division.
- Spurs have kept just one clean sheet in their last six league games at Wembley.
- They have won all eight Premier League games this season against teams that began the midweek fixtures in the bottom half of the table.
- Harry Kane has scored six goals in his last five Premier League games against Southampton.
- Dele Alli has five goals and three assists in five top-flight appearances against Saints.
- Mauricio Pochettino won 19 of his 54 Premier League matches as Southampton manager before leaving to take charge of Spurs in 2014.
- Southampton are winless in 10 league games, losing five of those matches.
- Mark Hughes won just three of his 22 league games in charge of Saints.
- Saints have conceded 26 goals in their opening 14 top-flight games - their worst record at this stage since the 2012-13 season (31 goals conceded).
- They have lost a league-high 12 points from winning positions this term, and have surrendered 33 since the start of last season - at least seven more than any other side.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).