Date/time: 24/2/2018, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 07:00 PT (USA)
Venue: Turf Moor, Burnley, UK
TV: None (UK), NBC Sports Gold (USA) and check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
Streaming: None (UK), NBC Sports Gold (USA)
Radio: BBC Radio Solent (UK)
Sitting in 18th on the Premier League table, Southampton needs points and fast as just 11 games remain in the 2017/18 season.
Though 7th in the league, Burnley are currently enduring a 10-game winless run and are only 10 points above relegation-threatened Saints.
Sean Dyche’s Burnley will be buoyed by the fact long-term absentees Chris Wood and Dean Marney are set to return to first team action. Veteran right-back Phil Bardsley and imposing defender James Tarkowski are also potentially available. Meanwhile, Canadian midfielder Scott Arfield is set to miss out.
Saints winger Sofiane Boufal could be available for Mauricio Pellegrino despite picking up a knock in training. However, Southampton will certainly be missing Maya Yoshida, Shane Long, Steven Davis, and Charlie Austin.
Check here for more information on Southampton’s injuries.
Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Burnley are vying to earn three successive victories over Southampton for the first time since the 1960s. Their two most recent wins were both by 1-0 scorelines.
- Saints are winless in their past four visits to Turf Moor and could fail to score in three consecutive games there for the first time.
- Burnley have gone 10 Premier League games without a win - the longest current streak in the division. Their tally of five points over that period is the lowest of any side.
- They have only taken one point from their last four matches at Turf Moor - although those games were all against current top-five sides.
- A third of their 21 league goals this season have come in the final 10 minutes of matches, the highest ratio in the division. Those seven goals have earned the Clarets two wins and four draws.
- Burnley are the Premier League’s joint second-lowest goalscorers, level with West Brom and only one goal ahead of Swansea.
- Premier League games at Turf Moor have produced an average of 2.2 goals per game over the years, fewer than any other stadium bar Sunderland’s Roker Park (two goals per game on average).
- The Clarets have kept 10 Premier League clean sheets this season. They last kept more top-flight clean sheets in a season in 1973-74.
- Saints have only managed one win and clean sheet in 14 Premier League games (D7, L6).
- However, they are unbeaten in three successive away matches, beating West Brom last time out after draws at Manchester United and Watford.
- Southampton have not lost any of their last eight Premier League games in which they’ve started the day in the relegation zone since a 1-0 defeat by Liverpool in December 2012 (W4, D4).
- Mauricio Pellegrino’s side are yet to defeat a top-10 opponent this season, drawing six games and losing nine.
- They have made nine errors leading directly to goals in the Premier League this season, second only to Arsenal’s 11.
Bet 365: Burnley: 21/10 - Draw: 21/10 - Southampton: 8/5
Bet Victor: Burnley: 21/10 - Draw: 21/10 - Southampton: 13/8
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we're not responsible for its content).