Date/time: 18/3/2018, 13:30 (UK), 08:30 ET, 05:30 PT (USA)
Venue: DW Stadium, Wigan, UK
TV: BBC One (UK), Fox Sports 2 (USA) and check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
Streaming: BBC Sport (UK), Fox Sports (USA)
Radio: BBC Radio 5 Live (UK)
TEAM NEWS: One change for Latics from Wednesday night's win in @SkyBetLeagueOne, as Gary Roberts comes in to start against @SouthamptonFC on his birthday, in place of @NPowell25 who makes the bench.— Wigan Athletic (@LaticsOfficial) March 18, 2018
https://t.co/5ZBfsixmEm#wafc ⚪️ pic.twitter.com/xzSUXV4fk8
Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- This is only the fourth ever meeting between Wigan and Southampton and the second in the FA Cup - the Saints won 3-0 in a fourth round match in January 1986, with current Wigan boss Paul Cook playing for the club that day.
- The last meeting between these two sides finished in a 2-2 draw in a Premier League fixture in 2013.
- Wigan have already eliminated three Premier League teams this season in Bournemouth, West Ham and Manchester City - the last team from outside the top flight to eliminate four in a season were West Ham in 1979-80, with the Hammers winning the FA Cup that year.
- The Latics have reached the FA Cup quarter-finals on three previous occasions and progressed twice, eliminating Premier League teams each time - Everton in 2012-13 and Manchester City in 2013-14.
- Since they were relegated from the Premier League in 2012-13, Wigan have won six FA Cup ties against top-flight opposition, double the total of any other non-Premier League side in that time.
- Will Grigg has scored seven FA Cup goals, including four goals against top-flight opposition. No player from the first round onwards has scored more.
- They have lost just twice in their last 23 matches in all competitions (W14, D7).
- Winger Michael Jacobs has scored three goals in his last four appearances in all competitions.
- Southampton are playing in their first FA Cup quarter-final since 2004-05, when they lost to Manchester United.
- Saints have progressed from 18 of their last 19 FA Cup ties against lower league sides - their only defeat in that run was against Bristol Rovers in February 2008.
- They haven’t lost an away FA Cup tie since a 1-0 defeat to Sunderland in 2014.
- Their 3-0 defeat to Newcastle last weekend was their first away loss in seven matches in all competitions (W3, D3).
- Record signing Guido Carrillo is yet to score for Southampton in eight appearances.
Bet 365: Wigan: 16/5 - Draw: 5/2 - Southampton: 1/1
Bet Victor: Wigan: 16/5 - Draw: 12/5 - Southampton: 1/1