Date/time: 8/4/2018, 14:15 (UK), 09:15 ET, 06:15 PT (USA)
Venue: Emirates Stadium, London, UK
Official: Andre Marriner
TV: Sky Sports (UK), NBCSN (USA) and check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
Streaming: Sky Go (UK), NBCSN - link here (USA)
Radio: BBC Radio Solent (UK)
Time is ticking for Mark Hughes and his Southampton side if they want to survive relegation from the Premier League. Today will be a stern test as Saints visit the Emirates to take on Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal.
Saints’ only confirmed absentee is Sam McQueen, who is out with a groin strain. However, Southampton will have to assess the match fitness of Mario Lemina after suffering an illness all week.
Arsenal will miss Henrikh Mkhitaryan as he picked up a knee injury against CSKA Moscow in the Europa League on Thursday. However, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is likely to feature having been ineligible for that match in Europe.
Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- The Gunners are unbeaten in their last 22 home league games against Southampton (W16, D6).
- Saints’ last top-flight win at Arsenal was a 1-0 victory in November 1987 when Rod Wallace netted the only goal.
- However, Southampton did win League Cup ties at the Emirates Stadium in 2014 and 2016.
- This season Arsenal have won all 11 of their home league games against sides currently below them in the table, compared to one victory in five matches when hosting the teams above them.
- A Gunners victory would be their 150th win at the Emirates Stadium. They would become the first club to win at least 150 games in the division at two different stadiums.
- The Gunners have scored 42 Premier League goals at home this season - the only other club with more than 40 are Manchester City (51 prior to the latest round of matches).
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has had a hand in six goals in his first six Premier League games for Arsenal (five goals and one assist).
- Saints have lost their last two Premier League games 3-0. The last time they lost three consecutive league matches by three goals or more was in 1930 (in the second tier).
- Mark Hughes guided Stoke to victory against Arsenal in August, and can become the first manager to beat the Gunners twice in the same Premier League season with different clubs.
- Saints have won only two away games in the Premier League this season, which both came against the side who were bottom of the table at the time: Crystal Palace in September and West Brom in February.
- Southampton have won just once in their last 18 league fixtures (D9, L8).
- Charlie Austin has scored in all three of his previous Premier League appearances against Arsenal (including two matches for QPR).
Bet 365: Arsenal: 4/7 - Draw: 7/2 - Southampton: 5/1
Bet Victor: Arsenal: 11/20 - Draw: 7/2 - Southampton: 53/10
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we're not responsible for its content).