Date/time: 25/8/2018, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 07:00 PT (USA)
Venue: St. Mary’s Stadium, Southampton, UK
Official: Jonathan Moss
TV: None (UK), NBC Sports Gold (USA) and check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
Streaming: None (UK), NBC Sports (LINK) (USA)
Radio: BBC Radio (UK)
Southampton welcome Leicester City to St. Mary’s today as former Saints manager Claude Puel returns to the South Coast.
Saints winger Mohamed Elyounoussi could feature against the Foxes, having recovered from his hamstring issues which ruled him out of Saints’ defeat at Everton last week.
Southampton’s towering Danish defender Jannik Vestergaard has also recovered from the virus which also saw him sit out last week.
Leicester’s Jamie Vardy - long the bane of Southampton fans and defenders - will miss out after picking up a red card against Wolves last week. Meanwhile, Matty James and Caglar Soyuncu will miss out through injury.
Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Southampton’s only win in the past seven top-flight meetings was 3-0 at home under Claude Puel in January 2017 (D3, L3).
- The Saints lost this fixture 4-1 last season, their heaviest home defeat by Leicester since 1967.
- However, the Foxes have won only three of their 23 top-flight matches at Southampton (D9, L11).
- Southampton have won just three of their last 27 league games (D12, L12), with only one of those victories coming at home.
- The Saints have failed to score in four of their last six top-flight home fixtures.
- They could fail to find the net in their opening two home matches of a top-flight campaign for the first time since 1992.
- Mark Hughes has won two of his 10 Premier League games as Southampton manager (D3, L5).
- Danny Ings could become the fourth player to score in his first two Premier League starts for Southampton, emulating Ronnie Ekelund, Peter Crouch and Manolo Gabbiadini.
- Leicester have lost four consecutive away league games, conceding 14 goals in that period.
- They could lose their opening two Premier League away fixtures for the third season running.
- The Foxes have won just two of their last nine top-flight games, losing six.
- Claude Puel has never lost in this fixture, taking charge of Southampton twice (W1, D1) and Leicester twice (W1, D1).
- Kelechi Iheanacho has scored three Premier League goals in four appearances against Southampton.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we're not responsible for its content).