Date/time: 17/9/2018, 20:00 (UK), 15:00 ET, 12:00 PT (USA)
Venue: St. Mary’s Stadium, Southampton, UK
Official: Anthony Taylor
TV: Sky Sports (UK), NBCSN (USA) and check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
Streaming: Sky GO (UK), NBCSN (USA)
Radio: BBC Radio (UK)
READ: Mark Hughes hopeful Danny Ings will play against Brighton
READ: The bromance between Mark Hughes and Chris Hughton is blossoming
Southampton will be looking to extend their rich vein of form to Brighton & Hove Albion in the league on Monday night, following their cup win over the Seagulls and victory over their rivals Crystal Palace the weekend after, prior to the international break.
Saints strike duo Shane Long and Charlie Austin are reportedly doubts through injury, but fellow forward Danny Ings is expected to feature upon recovering from the blister issues which saw him require painkilling injections.
Brighton assist machine Pascal Gross faces a late fitness test after picking up an ankle injury. Meanwhile, Jose Izquierdo and Florin Andone could play after returning to training following bouts of injury.
Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Southampton won 1-0 at Brighton in the EFL Cup last month.
- Both Premier League encounters in 2017-18 ended in 1-1 draws.
- Southampton have lost only once in the last eight meetings (W3, D4).
- Southampton’s only win in 13 home league matches was April’s 2-1 win over Bournemouth (D6, L6).
- Mark Hughes is seeking back-to-back league wins for the first time since January 2017, when he was Stoke boss.
- Saints are winless in their last 10 Monday Premier League fixtures, losing seven of those games.
- They are the only side yet to score a first-half Premier League goal this season.
Brighton & Hove Albion
- Brighton have lost four of their last league six games, winning once.
- Only the Seagulls and West Ham are still to record their first away points of 2018-19.
- They are one of just two clubs yet to score an away goal this season, alongside newly-promoted Cardiff.
- Brighton have not scored an away league goal in five hours and 20 minutes, since April’s 3-1 loss at Manchester City.
- Since their promotion to the Premier League, the Seagulls have won just 11 of a possible 63 away points (W2, D5, L14)
- Glenn Murray has scored four goals in five league starts for Brighton against Southampton.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we're not responsible for its content).