Date/time: 22/9/2018, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 07:00 PT (USA)
Venue: Anfield, Liverpool, UK
Official: Paul Tierney
TV: None (UK), NBCSN (USA) and check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
Streaming: None (UK), NBCSN (USA)
Radio: Talksport 2 (UK)
READ: Gabbiadini could join Ings on the sidelines, missing Liverpool game
READ: Mark Hughes: Southampton ‘maybe’ have mentality issues
Liverpool vs. Southampton Team News:
Southampton make the trip up to Merseyside as Saints take on Liverpool at Anfield.
Liverpool are currently unbeaten, having won all five of their Premier League games so far and are coming off an impressive win over Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Saints squandered a two-goal lead to draw 2-2 against Brighton & Hove Albion on Monday night.
Southampton striker Manolo Gabbiadini could miss out after picking up a hamstring injury in training on Thursday. Meanwhile, Danny Ings, who is on loan at Saints from Liverpool, is ineligible to play.
Liverpool striker Roberto Firmino is said to be fully recovered from his eye injury and is expected to start. However, former Saints Dejan Lovren and Adam Lallana are out with injury, alongside Divock Origi and Dominic Solanke.
Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Liverpool did the double over Southampton last season, winning 3-0 at Anfield and 2-0 on the south coast.
- Southampton have failed to score in any of their last four league meetings with Liverpool.
- Their last Premier League goal against the Reds came in March 2016 from Sadio Mane, who is Liverpool’s top scorer this season.
- Liverpool are aiming to win their first seven matches of a season in all competitions for the first time. They have won the opening six for the first time since the 1961-62 season.
- The Reds have kept seven consecutive Premier League home clean sheets. The last visiting player to score a Premier League goal at Anfield was Michail Antonio in West Ham’s 4-1 defeat in February.
- Last season, Liverpool won only one of their six league matches that followed a Champions League group stage fixture (D4, L1).
- Mo Salah scored three times against Southampton last season - twice at home and once at St Mary’s, where he also provided an assist.
- James Milner’s last 10 goals in all competitions have been penalties.
- This game will be Jurgen Klopp’s 600th as a manager.
- Saints could win consecutive Premier League away matches for the first time since February to March 2017, when they beat Sunderland and Watford.
- Southampton are winless in 24 league fixtures against last season’s top six since beating Spurs 2-1 at White Hart Lane in May 2016 (D7, L17).
- They have dropped 26 points from leading positions in the Premier League since the start of last season, the most of any side to appear in both campaigns.
- Mark Hughes has not won any of his 11 Premier League visits to Anfield as a manager (D4, L7), losing each of the last five.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we're not responsible for its content).