Date/time: 29/9/2018, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 07:00 PT (USA)
Venue: Molineux Stadium, Wolverhampton, UK
Official: Stuart Atwell
TV: None (UK), NBC Sports Gold (USA) and check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
Streaming: None (UK), NBCSN (USA)
Radio: BBC Radio Solent (UK)
READ: Mark Hughes provides Southampton injury update
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Southampton Team News:
Southampton make the trip up to the Midlands as Saints take on Wolves at Molineux Stadium.
Recently promoted, Wolves have looked impressive since returning to the Premier League.
Last week, the Championship winners got a well-deserved 1-1 draw away at Manchester United, before being dumped out of the League Cup against Leicester City midweek.
Meanwhile, Saints suffered a one-sided defeat to Liverpool last weekend and will be hoping to bounce back in style.
Southampton will welcome back leading goalscorer Danny Ings after he was ineligible to face parent club Liverpool last weekend.
Mohamed Elyounoussi and Manolo Gabbiadini could also return, but Shane Long is expected to sit out with a toe injury.
Wolves could welcome back Ivan Cavaleiro after he recovered from a back injury.
A Premier League record could be equalled today if Wolves name an unchanged line-up for the seventh consecutive Premier League match.
Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Southampton have gone five matches without victory against Wolves in all competitions, losing the last three. They have never suffered four defeats in a row in this fixture.
- However, Wolves are winless in eight top-flight meetings, losing both previous Premier League encounters in 2003-04, since a 3-0 victory at The Dell in April 1980.
- Wolves won at home to Southampton for the first time in 10 attempts in the most recent meeting at Molineux, a Championship game in April 2009.
- Wolves could extend their unbeaten top-flight run to five games for the first time since November 1981.
- Nuno Espirito Santo’s side have gone 12 league matches without defeat at Molineux since losing 2-0 to Nottingham Forest in January (W7, D5).
- If Wolves avoid defeat they will reach double figures in points after seven matches. They have never accrued 10 points in fewer than 11 Premier League games.
- They have had 89 attempts on goal, a tally only surpassed by the top three sides prior to this weekend’s round of matches.
- Their six games have produced 12 goals, the second fewest in the division behind Crystal Palace’s 10.
- They have won only four of their last 31 league fixtures, which includes three away victories.
- Southampton have failed to beat a top-half opponent in 29 attempts since April 2017 (D11, L18).
- Saints have scored just 45 goals in their past 50 league matches.
- They have dropped an unrivalled 26 points from winning positions in the Premier League since the start of last season.
- Danny Ings is vying to score in three consecutive league appearances for the first time since January 2015, when he was at Burnley.
- Charlie Austin scored in both of his previous league appearances against Wolves, for Burnley in 2012 and QPR in 2015.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we're not responsible for its content).