HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS CHELSEA AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 20/9/2019, 14:00 (UK), 09:00 ET, 06:00 PT (USA)
Venue: St Mary’s, Southampton, UK
How to legally stream Southampton vs. AFC Bournemouth:
UK: Sky Go
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Southampton vs. Chelsea Team and Injury News:
With a lot of teams picking up positive results around them, Southampton will be hoping for a good performance and the points to match as they take on Chelsea this afternoon.
Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl will be missing Cedric and Moussa Djenepo; two players who have impressed of late.
However, Saints goalkeeper Alex McCarthy is expected to return to the squad after recovering from a muscle issue.
Chelsea are missing defenders Emerson and Antonio Rudiger alongside long-term absentee Ruben Loftus-Cheek.
N’Golo Kante could feature, having returned from injury against Lille in the Champions League midweek.
Southampton vs. Chelsea Stats (via BBC Sport):
- Southampton have won only two of their last 20 Premier League meetings with Chelsea (D6, L12) and are winless in the last seven.
- Chelsea have won on nine of their 12 visits to St. Mary’s (D2, L1), including the last four in a row.
- Southampton have won just two of their last 12 Premier League games (D4, L6).
- Both of those victories have come on the road, and they have just one point at home this season.
- They are winless in five matches at St Mary’s, drawing three and losing two, since a 3-1 victory versus Wolves on 13 April.
- Southampton could lose three consecutive Premier League fixtures for the first time since October 2018 under Mark Hughes. The third defeat of that run was 3-0 at home against Chelsea.
- Saints have scored in each of their last 17 Premier League home games but have only kept one clean sheet during that period.
- Chelsea are aiming for a third successive away victory in the Premier League for the first time since December 2018.
- They have won only four of the last 12 Premier League fixtures (D5, L3).
- The Blues kept their first Premier League clean sheet in seven games under Frank Lampard against Brighton last weekend.
- They have conceded 27 goals away from home in the Premier League in 2019. Only Watford, with 33, have let in more.
- Tammy Abraham has seven Premier League goals this season - only Sergio Aguero, with eight, had more prior to the weekend.
- Olivier Giroud has scored five goals and assisted one in his last five appearances against Southampton.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).