HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS WATFORD AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 9/11/2019, 17:30 (UK), 12:30 ET, 09:30 PT (USA)
Venue: St Mary’s, Southampton, UK
How to legally stream Southampton vs. Everton:
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Southampton vs. Watford Team and Injury News:
To start things off, Southampton and Watford are set to face off in a bottom-of-the-table clash later in Saturday’s evening kick-off.
Ralph Hasenhuttl’s Saints sit 19th in the Premier League on nine points - one point ahead of Watford who are bottom of the league.
Both teams have some injury doubts ahead of the game.
Sofiane Boufal is expected to miss the game after stubbing his big toe on the kitchen table at home. Yup.
Meanwhile, Stuart Armstrong and Jannik Vestergaard are unlikely to feature due to a hamstring injury and illness respectively.
Watford are missing Christian Kabasele, Daryl Janmaat, Sebastian Prodl, Tom Cleverley, Danny Welbeck and Daniel Bachmann through injury.
Roberto Pereyra has returned to fitness following a thigh strain, but may not start.
Southampton vs. Everton (via BBC Sport):
- Southampton are winless in their past three Premier League home games against Watford (D2, L1).
- The last three top-flight encounters have finished level, with Watford coming from behind to draw each time.
- Watford have won only two of the 17 most recent top-flight meetings (D8, L7).
- Saints could become the first team in English top-flight history to fail to win any of their opening seven home league games in consecutive seasons.
- They have lost four successive top-flight home matches, one shy of the club record set in 1998.
- Southampton could equal their longest Premier League winless run at home: nine matches from December 2017 to April 2018.
- The only side ever to have conceded more goals than Southampton’s 21 in the opening six top-flight home fixtures of a season is Blackpool, in 1930-31.
- Saints have won only two of their past 18 league fixtures, and earned two points from eight games.
- Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side have conceded a league-high 31 goals, including 25 in the last eight matches.
- Their first-half record is also the worst in the division, outscoring their opponents only once and trailing in seven games.
- Danny Ings has scored 46% of Southampton’s league goals this season, including five of their last seven. No player has scored a higher share of their team’s goals in the division this term.
- The Hornets have won just once in 17 league fixtures, earning seven points in nine games since Quique Sanchez Flores was reappointed as head coach.
- However, they could register consecutive away league victories for the first time since winning their opening three in 2017-18.
- Eight points is Watford’s lowest tally after 13 matches of a top-flight season.
- They have failed to score in an unrivalled seven Premier League matches.
- Watford’s shot conversion rate of just 4.8% is the lowest in a Premier League season since Sunderland’s 4.7% in 2002-03.
- The Hertfordshire side are unbeaten in the last 10 league matches in which Troy Deeney scored, winning nine and drawing one.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).