HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS EVERTON AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 9/11/2019, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 07:00 PT (USA)
Venue: St Mary’s, Southampton, UK
How to watch Southampton vs. Everton on TV:
USA: NBC Sports Gold
Canada: Not broadcast on TV
Check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
How to legally stream Southampton vs. Everton:
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Southampton vs. Everton Team and Injury News:
Ralph Hasenhuttl’s Southampton start the day 19th in the Premier League table - firmly embroiled in a relegation battle - before they take on fellow strugglers Everton today.
Saints could be set to welcome back Cedric Soares and Moussa Djenepo to the side today, with the pair recovering from their respective knocks.
However, Southampton’s Ryan Bertrand is suspended following the red card he picked up against Leicester City.
Everton manager Marco Silva will be missing two key midfielders today.
Unless you have been living under a rock, you would have seen that Everton’s Andre Gomes picked up a horrific injury against Tottenham last weekend.
Meanwhile, Fabian Delph is a major injury doubt after picking up a hamstring problem.
Southampton vs. Everton (via BBC Sport):
- Southampton have won 11 Premier League home games against Everton - only against Newcastle (12) have they won more matches at St Mary’s.
- Everton have lost on five of their past six Premier League visits to Southampton, winning the other 3-0 in August 2015.
- There have been only four away victories in the 40 Premier League meetings.
- Southampton have won only two of their past 16 league fixtures (D5, L9).
- Saints could lose four consecutive matches in all competitions for the first time since a run of five from November to December 2014, under Ronald Koeman.
- Defeat for Southampton would make them just the second Premier League side to register one point from their opening six home games. Birmingham City did so in 2005 and were relegated.
- They could lose four successive league matches at St Mary’s for the first time. They last lost four home fixtures between April and August 1998 at The Dell.
- Southampton have conceded 19 goals in their opening five Premier League home games - the most by a top-flight team since Manchester United let in 21 in 1930-31.
- Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side have let in a league-high 27 goals overall. They have conceded from 18% of the shots they have faced in the Premier League, the worst return of any team.
- However, Southampton’s tally of eight points after 11 Premier League fixtures is one more than they had at this stage of last season under Mark Hughes.
- Everton have taken four points from their past seven games.
- They have never come from behind to win under Marco Silva (D5, L20).
- Everton are winless in eight Premier League away games, losing the last four. However, 10 of their last 13 wins on the road have been against sides placed 15th or lower.
- The Toffees have conceded a league-high seven goals from set-pieces (excluding penalties), but they’ve scored just once in total from a corner or free-kick.
- Their shot conversion rate of 7% is the worst of any Premier League side bar Watford’s 4%.
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin is the only Everton player to score a Premier League away goal for the club this season, with two so far.
- Their matches have featured an unrivalled four goals scored after 90 minutes, scoring two and conceding two.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).