HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS WEST HAM AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 14/12/2019, 17:30 (UK), 12:30 ET, 9:30 PT (USA)
Venue: St Mary’s, Southampton, UK
How to watch Southampton vs. West Ham on TV:
UK: Sky Sports
Canada: Stream only
Check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
How to legally stream Southampton vs. West Ham:
UK: Sky Go
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Southampton vs. West Ham Team and Injury News:
Another week, another Southampton match against an opponent getting caught up in the Premier League relegation battle with Saints.
Tonight, Ralph Hasenhuttl’s men welcome Manuel Pellegrini’s West Ham to St. Mary’s.
West Ham currently lie 16th in the Premier League standings on 16 points - two positions higher than Saints who are 18th with 15 points.
In terms of team and injury news, Southampton could welcome back Stuart Armstrong today after he recovered from a hamstring injury.
However Yan Valery is unavailable due to a virus, and Sofiane Boufal remains touch and go with his toe injury.
West Ham are missing the likes of Manuel Lanzini, Lukasz Fabianski and Jack Wilshere.
Aaron Cresswell and Andriy Yarmolenko are slight injury doubts, but there’s a chance they’ll feature.
Southampton vs. West Ham (via BBC Sport):
- West Ham have won 16 Premier League games versus Southampton, more than against any other side.
- Saints have lost four of the past five top-flight encounters - having been beaten in just three of the previous 12 (W5, D4).
- The Hammers have not opened the scoring in 15 Premier League visits to Southampton since a 1-1 draw at The Dell in March 1995.
- Saints are hoping to claim a third successive league win at St Mary’s - which would be their best run at home since a four-match sequence at the end of the 2015-16 season.
- Since Ralph Hasenhuttl’s first game 12 months ago, Southampton have lost an unrivalled five Premier League fixtures in which they scored the opening goal.
- They have scored in 14 of their 16 league games this season, a tally bettered only by Liverpool, Manchester City and Wolves.
- Danny Ings could become the first Saints player to score in six successive top-flight appearances since James Beattie in 2003.
- Ings has already scored in five league defeats this season - the only Southampton player to score in more losses in a single Premier League campaign is Matt Le Tissier (seven defeats in 1992-93).
- The Hammers have lost seven of their last nine league matches and have five points fewer than at this stage last season.
- They have claimed 56.3% of their points away from home this season - the highest percentage in the top flight.
- West Ham have dropped 12 points from winning positions in 2019-20, equalling their total last season - only Aston Villa, with 13, have a worse record in the current campaign.
- The Londoners have lost just one of their seven Premier League games with Lukasz Fabianski starting in goal this season but have been beaten in seven of nine matches when the Pole hasn’t played.
- Manuel Pellegrini has lost only one of his eight Premier League matches as a manager against Southampton (W6, D1).
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).