HOW TO WATCH, STREAM NEWCASTLE UNITED VS SOUTHAMPTON AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 8/12/2019, 14:00 (UK), 09:00 ET, 06:00 PT (USA)
Venue: St. James’ Park, Newcastle, UK
How to legally stream Newcastle United vs. Southampton:
UK: No legal stream.
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Newcastle United vs. Southampton Team and Injury News:
But it’s been a positive week for Saints. Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side strung together two home wins against fellow relegation battlers Watford and Norwich City in that time.
Steve Bruce’s Newcastle have also picked up some positive results of late, helping them form a points cushion between their 11th place Premier League berth and the relegation zone.
Sofiane Boufal is still a fitness doubt for Southampton as he is still having issues with an injured toe, though the Moroccan has made cameo substitute appearances in his last two games while nursing that injury.
Southampton’s only confirmed missing player is Stuart Armstrong, who is still sidelined with a hamstring injury.
Newcastle could welcome back record signing Joeliton to the starting line up on Sunday afternoon. However, it remains to be seen what kind of role flashy winger Allan Saint-Maximin plays, as he has been hampered by an ankle injury but has played on through it.
Newcastle United vs. Southampton Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Southampton’s sole win away to Newcastle in 22 years came in the Premier League in January 2015. Eljero Elia scored twice in a 2-1 victory.
- Newcastle have scored in each of their past 14 Premier League home games against Southampton - their longest such streak against a particular opponent.
- Newcastle have won three of their last five league games, as many victories as in the previous 13 top-flight matches (D4, L6).
- Steve Bruce’s side are unbeaten in six Premier League matches at St James’ Park since losing to Arsenal on the opening weekend.
- There have been 13 Premier League goals scored at St James’ Park this season, a joint-low alongside Selhurst Park.
- The Magpies have conceded just six at home (bettered only by Leicester) but have themselves scored just seven times - only Watford and Crystal Palace have scored fewer prior to the weekend.
- They have not won a Premier League fixture at St James’ Park in the month of December in nine attempts since beating Liverpool in 2015.
- Bruce has lost his last four Premier League matches against Southampton, as Hull City boss in 2013-14 and 2014-15.
- Saints can win three successive league games for the first time since ending the 2015-16 season with four victories in a row.
- They have failed to keep a clean sheet in their past 10 games, conceding 27 goals in total.
- Six of Southampton’s last seven Premier League goals have come from set-pieces.
- Danny Ings can become the first Saints player to score in five consecutive Premier League matches since James Beattie did so in 2003.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).