HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS CARDIFF CITY AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 9/2/2018, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 07:00 PT (USA)
Venue: St. Mary’s Stadium, Southampton, UK
TV: None (UK), NBC Sports Gold (USA) and check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
Available Streaming: None (UK), Fubo.TV (EVERY Southampton game with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members), NBC Sports (USA).
Radio: BBC Radio Solent (UK)
Southampton vs. Cardiff City Team News, Injury Update:
Ralph Hasenhuttl revealed some good and bad news for Southampton fans in the week.
Striker Danny Ings will be sidelined for up to three weeks after picking up a hamstring injury against Burnley last weekend.
However, Ryan Bertrand could be set to return after three months out due to a back injury, while Maya Yoshida is back in the reckoning after captaining Japan to the AFC Asian Cup final.
Cardiff captain Sean Morrison is injured, but the Bluebirds could welcome back both Harry Arter and Victor Camarasa back to the first team.
Southampton vs. Cardiff City Stats and Facts (via BBC Sport):
- Cardiff won on their most recent visit to Southampton, a Premier League encounter in April 2014, to end a 13-match winless away run in this fixture (D3, L10).
- The Bluebirds are vying to record three consecutive victories against Southampton for the first time since March 1963.
- Ralph Hasenhüttl’s first game in charge of Southampton was a 1-0 defeat in December’s reverse fixture.
- Saints are unbeaten in five Premier League games (W2, D3). The last time they had a longer run without defeat was a seven-match streak between April and August 2016.
- They could remain undefeated in their opening six league matches of a calendar year for the first time since 2010 in the third tier.
- However, they still have the second worst home record in the division, with two wins and 12 points from 13 matches. Only Huddersfield have fewer wins or points.
- Southampton have dropped a league-high 17 points from a winning position this season.
- They have only won once this season against a side in the bottom half of the table at the time: 3-1 at Huddersfield before Christmas.
- Their only clean sheet in the last 15 Premier League matches came in a 0-0 draw at Chelsea on 2 January. Their most recent home clean sheet was against Newcastle in October.
- Nathan Redmond has six goals in 12 league and cup appearances under Ralph Hasenhüttl; he had previously only scored nine times in 104 games for Southampton.
- Neil Warnock’s side earned their first Premier League victory in five games at the expense of Bournemouth last weekend (D1, L3).
- The Bluebirds are attempting to win consecutive top-flight matches for the first time since April 1962.
- Cardiff’s only away win this season came at Leicester on 29 December, and their tally of seven league goals outside Wales is the lowest in the division.
- Their last six away goals have come in the 77th minute or later, including three in stoppage time.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).