HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS AFC BOURNEMOUTH AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 27/4/2018, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 07:00 PT (USA)
Venue: St. Mary’s, Southampton, UK
TV: None (UK), NBC Sports Live / CNBC (USA) and check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
Available Streaming: None (UK), Fubo.TV (EVERY Southampton game with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members), NBC Sports (USA).
Southampton vs. Bournemouth Team News:
Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl has a number of selection headaches due to injuries.
Saints defender Ryan Bertrand looks set to miss out due to an ankle problem picked up against Watford in the week.
Stuart Armstrong and Shane Long both picked up injuries against Watford as well.
However, academy product Matt Targett could return to fill in for Bertrand, having resumed full training this week after suffering an injury of his own.
Bournemouth have similar issues.
Eddie Howe will not be able to pick pacy winger Junior Stanislas after he went under the knife for a hamstring operation.
Howe’s Cherries are also ravaged by injuries in the full-back position. Former Saint Nathaniel Clyne, who is on loan from Liverpool, Adam Smith, Diego Rico and Charlie Daniels are all injured.
Southampton vs. Bournemouth Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Bournemouth have never won away against Southampton in 14 attempts, drawing five times and losing nine.
- Southampton’s only defeat in the past 11 encounters came away in the Premier League three years ago (W6, D4).
- Three wins from the past four home games is as many as Southampton had managed in their previous 24 fixtures at St Mary’s.
- Southampton’s tally of six league victories in 2019 already matches their total for last year.
- Their run of scoring in 12 successive home league matches is only currently bettered by Manchester City, Arsenal and Liverpool.
- Saints have dropped 25 points from winning positions this season, the worst record in the division.
- Forward Shane Long has scored three goals in four Premier League appearances, as many as he had in his previous 60. He could score in three successive home games in the top flight for the first time.
- Bournemouth have won two of their past three Premier League away matches, having lost the previous nine in a row.
- None of their last 20 away league games has ended in a draw, with the winning side scoring at least twice every time (W6, L14).
- Another defeat would ensure the Cherries lose 19 league fixtures in a season for the first time since 2007-08 in League One.
- However, one more win in 2018-19 would establish a club record of 13 in a top-flight season.
- Only the current bottom three sides have a worse defensive record than Bournemouth, who have conceded 62 goals.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).