HOW TO WATCH, STREAM BURNLEY VS SOUTHAMPTON AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 10/8/2019, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 07:00 PT (USA)
Venue: Turf Moor, Burnley, UK
How to legally stream Burnley vs. Southampton:
UK: No legal stream.
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Burnley vs. Southampton Team and Injury News:
It’s that time of year again. Premier League football is back in our lives.
Southampton and Burnley begin their campaign against each other just like last year, though this time it’s at Turf Moor, the home of the Clarets.
Saints could hand full debuts to new summer signings Che Adams and Moussa Djenepo, while Ings - who was signed permanently in the summer after being at the club on loan last season - is expected to start alongside Adams.
Ings, of course, used to play for Burnley.
Deadline day recruit Kevin Danso is unavailable for Southampton’s Burnley trip.
Burnley manager Sean Dyche is already having to contend with a series of injuries.
Irish winger Robbie Brady is unavailable with a rib injury, while Belgian playmaker Steven Defour is out with a calf strain.
Burnley’s new signings Erik Pieters and former Saints man Jay Rodriguez are expected to start, though Danny Drinkwater - signed on loan from Chelsea - is unlikely to feature.
Burnley vs. Southampton Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Southampton have not won on any of their last five visits to Turf Moor (D2, L3).
- The last two meetings at Burnley have ended 1-1, with each featuring an equaliser in the 90th minute or later.
- Neither side has scored more than one goal in any of the past five encounters.
- Only 13 goals have been scored in the eight Premier League meetings, with 12 coming in the second half.
- Burnley are aiming to avoid a club record-equalling fourth consecutive Premier League defeat.
- In 2018-19, they suffered a club record 10 home league defeats in a season.
- Their tally of 360 attempts on goal last season was the lowest in the Premier League.
- The Clarets have not won their opening top-flight fixture when playing at home since beating Coventry in 1967 (D1, L4).
- Ashley Barnes and Chris Wood scored a combined 48.9% of Burnley’s league goals last season.
- Southampton’s last two opening Premier League fixtures have finished 0-0. Only Ipswich (1969-72) have kicked off three consecutive top-flight campaigns with goalless draws.
- Saints have started each of the last four Premier League campaigns with a draw.
- They have won only 16 of their 76 Premier League matches over the past two seasons. The only Premier League ever-present team during that time to fare worse is Huddersfield, with 12 wins.
- Last season, Southampton dropped 29 points after scoring first, 11 points more than any other side in the division.
- James Ward-Prowse and Danny Ings were Southampton’s joint top scorers in last season’s Premier League. All seven of Ward-Prowse’s goals came in 2019, while all of Ings’ came in 2018.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).