HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS LIVERPOOL AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 17/8/2019, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 07:00 PT (USA)
Venue: St Mary’s, Southampton, UK
How to legally stream Southampton vs. Liverpool:
UK: No legal stream.
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
OPINION: Five realistic things we want from Southampton this season
READ: Liverpool fan’s opinion ahead of Southampton game
READ: Ralph Hasenhuttl gives Southampton injury update for Liverpool
READ: Key Liverpool man out injured for Southampton visit
Southampton vs. Liverpool Team and Injury News:
After Southampton’s disappointing display against Burnley in their Premier League opener last week, Ralph Hasenhuttl’s men take on European champions Liverpool.
Unlike last week, Saints have a fully-fit squad at Hasenhuttl’s disposal.
Captain Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, who fell ill last week on the team bus up to Burnley, has recovered and will be available to start.
Meanwhile, summer signings Kevin Danso and Moussa Djenepo could feature as the former is now available after completing his loan deal from FC Augsburg on deadline day.
Liverpool have a number of injury worries.
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp will be missing key goalkeeper Alisson with a calf injury, while his backup ‘keeper Adrian is also a doubt in an ankle injury following his impressive performance against Chelsea in the Super Cup midweek.
That means backup backup goalkeeper Andy Lonergan could be set to make his Liverpool debut at the tender age of 35.
Southampton vs. Liverpool Stats (via BBC Sport):
- Southampton have lost their last four Premier League matches against Liverpool, conceding 11 goals and scoring just once.
- Liverpool have been defeated in only one of the last six Premier League away meetings, having lost four of their first five fixtures at St. Mary’s.
- However, they have lost three matches against Southampton under Jurgen Klopp in all competitions, equalling his highest number of defeats against one club.
- Southampton have won only 16 of their 77 Premier League matches over the past two seasons. Eight of those wins have come in 24 outings under Ralph Hasenhuttl.
- They are winless in six league games, drawing three and losing three.
- Their only defeat in the final six Premier League home matches last season was 3-1 against Liverpool in April.
- Saints have won their opening Premier League home fixture just once in 20 seasons (D10, L9), a 3-2 victory against Blackburn Rovers in 2004.
- They have both scored and conceded in 13 of their past 14 Premier League home games, with the exception being a 2-0 win against Fulham in February.
- An 11th successive Premier League win on Saturday would equal the club’s record.
- The Reds could also match the club top-flight record of scoring multiple goals in 11 consecutive matches.
- Their only loss in 41 games in all competitions was January’s 2-1 defeat at Manchester City (W32, D8).
- Liverpool can secure five straight league wins on the road for the first time since a run of six victories ended in April 2014.
- Trent Alexander-Arnold could become just the third player in Premier League history to register an assist in six consecutive matches.
- Mo Salah has scored in all four of his Premier League appearances against Southampton.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).