HOW TO WATCH, STREAM BRIGHTON VS SOUTHAMPTON AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 24/8/2019, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 07:00 PT (USA)
Venue: Amex Stadium, Brighton, UK
How to watch Brighton vs. Southampton on TV:
UK: Not broadcast on TV.
USA: NBC Sports Gold.
Canada: Not broadcast on TV.
Check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
How to legally stream Brighton vs. Southampton:
UK: No legal stream.
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
READ: 5 realistic things we want to see in Southampton’s new season
Brighton vs. Southampton Team and Injury News:
Southampton visit Brighton today for their second away trip of this young 2019-20 Premier League season.
Saints manager Ralph Hasenhuttl said he has no injury concerns ahead of the trip to the Seagulls, as goalkeeper Alex McCarthy recovered from a minor injury and is likely to warm the substitute’s bench.
Southampton’s deadline day signing Kevin Danso - who was an unused substitute last week against Liverpool - could be set to make his debut for the Saints.
Brighton head coach Graham Potter has no new injury problems as Jose Izquierdo, Ezequiel Schelotto and Yves Bissouma remain sidelined with injuries.
Brighton vs. Southampton Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Brighton are yet to beat Southampton in the Premier League (D3, L1).
- The Seagulls have won only one of their last 10 matches with Southampton in all competitions (D5, L4), winning 3-0 at the Amex Stadium in the Championship in January 2012.
- Southampton won at Brighton twice last season, winning 1-0 in both the league and the EFL Cup.
- Brighton’s win against Watford on the opening day is their only victory in their last 11 league games (D4, L6).
- But they are unbeaten in their first two matches of a Premier League season for the first time.
- The Seagulls haven’t won any of their last six league games at the Amex Stadium (D3, L3).
- They haven’t scored more than once in any of their last 13 home league games - and they failed to score in five of those.
- Glenn Murray has scored in three of his four Premier League appearances for Brighton against Southampton, with two of those goals coming from the penalty spot.
- Brighton head coach Graham Potter’s only Premier League experience as a player was eight appearances for Southampton in 1996-97.
- Southampton have lost both their league games so far this season, scoring just one goal and are winless in their last seven (D3, L4).
- They haven’t begun a Premier League campaign with three defeats since 2012-13.
- Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side have kept only one clean sheet in their last 12 Premier League matches - but that came in a 1-0 win at Brighton in March.
- Saints have won only 16 of their 78 Premier League matches over the past two seasons. Eight of those wins have come in 25 matches under Ralph Hasenhuttl.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).