HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS BOURNEMOUTH AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 20/9/2019, 20:00 (UK), 15:00 ET, 12:00 PT (USA)
Venue: St Mary’s, Southampton, UK
AHow to watch Southampton vs. AFC Bournemouth on TV:
UK: Sky Sports
Canada: Not broadcast on TV
Check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
How to legally stream Southampton vs. AFC Bournemouth:
UK: Sky Go
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Southampton vs. Bournemouth Team and Injury News:
Southampton return to St. Mary’s tonight for their first of two local derbies in a matter of days. Saints contest THE South Coast derby against Portsmouth in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday.
Saints manager Ralph Hasenhuttl will not have last week’s match winner Moussa Djenepo available to him for Bournemouth as he has a muscular injury.
However, Nathan Redmond could be fit to feature tonight, missing out the last few weeks with an ankle problem
Kevin Danso is also available again, having served his suspension for a reckless red card against Manchester United in Saints’ 1-1 draw.
Bournemouth’s Eddie Howe has no fresh injury worries for Southampton.
Defenders Simon Francis and Lloyd Kelly could return to the first team, having played for the Under-21s in the week.
Southampton vs. Bournemouth Stats (via BBC Sport):
- Four of the last five meetings have been a draw, including this fixture last season, which ended 3-3.
- Southampton have lost just one of their eight Premier League meetings with Bournemouth (W3, D4) and are unbeaten in all four at St Mary’s (W2, D2).
- Bournemouth have never won a match at Southampton in any competition (D6, L9).
- After losing their opening two matches of the season, Southampton are unbeaten in their last three (W2, D1).
- They are yet to win at St Mary’s this season, having won away from home three times in all competitions.
- Saints have scored in each of their last 16 Premier League home fixtures and are aiming to equal the club record of 17, set from August 1992 to April 1993 at The Dell.
- Southampton have lost their last four home league games on a Friday, although three of those were in the Championship between 2007 and 2012.
- Bournemouth are aiming to win consecutive Premier League fixtures for just the second time in 2019.
- The Cherries won their only previous Premier League game played on a Friday, which was also a south coast derby in which they beat Brighton 2-1 in September 2017.
- Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has never won away from home in all competitions against Southampton as manager (D2, L5), with his sides failing to score on five occasions.
- There have been a league-high 43 goals scored in Bournemouth’s Premier League away matches in 2019.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).