HOW TO WATCH, STREAM TOTTENHAM VS SOUTHAMPTON AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 28/9/2019, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 07:00 PT (USA)
Venue: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, UK
How to watch Tottenham vs. Southampton on TV:
UK: Not broadcast on TV.
USA: NBC Sports Gold.
Canada: Not broadcast on TV.
Check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
How to legally stream Tottenham vs. Southampton:
UK: No legal stream.
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Tottenham vs. Southampton Team and Injury News:
Southampton visit Tottenham today in what will be their first visit to the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium opened late last season.
Fresh off thrashing South Coast neighbours Portsmouth 0-4
IN THEIR OWN BACK YARD, Saints are on a bit of a high following a disappointing 3-1 home loss to AFC Bournemouth days before.
Meanwhile, Mauricio Pochettino’s Tottenham are in a bit of a state of disarray at the moment, getting beat by Leicester City and then dumped out of the League Cup by League Two side Colchester City midweek.
Saints boss Ralph Hasenhuttl will be missing speedy winger Moussa Djenepo due to a leg injury, while goalkeeper Alex McCarthy is a doubt after picking up a muscle problem against Portsmouth in the week.
Spurs are still without new signings Giovani Lo Celso and Ryan Sessegnon with injury.
Pochettino rested the likes of Harry Kane, Hugo Lloris and Jan Verthongen in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday, so it’s likely they are all set to return.
Tottenham vs. Southampton Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Tottenham’s defeat at St Mary’s in March was only their second in their last 14 Premier League meetings with Southampton.
- Southampton have won just one and lost seven of their last eight games away at Spurs. In total, they have won at Tottenham on just three of their 20 visits in the Premier League.
- However, Southampton have only won more Premier League matches versus Newcastle United (15) than they have against Tottenham (12).
- The Saints are looking to win consecutive league matches against Spurs for the first time since winning three in a row between January 2003 and March 2004.
- Tottenham have lost nine of their last 18 Premier League fixtures. Prior to this run, they had lost just nine of 50 top-flight matches.
- Spurs have lost 10 league games in 2019. Of Premier League ever-presents, only Brighton (13), Watford (12) and Bournemouth (11) have lost more.
- Mauricio Pochettino’s side won their first four matches at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, but have won just two of their subsequent six fixtures there in all competitions.
- Southampton have won just two of their last 11 Premier League fixtures.
- Since the start of the 2017-18 season, the Saints have won just 18 of 82 top-flight matches.
- They have won four away games in all competitions in a row without conceding a goal.
- They have lost more Premier League matches against their former managers than any other club (18 in total), with a third of those coming against Mauricio Pochettino.
- Saints are the only side in the top flight yet to score a first-half goal this season.
- Since the start of last season, no player has scored more league goals for Southampton than midfielder James Ward-Prowse (eight, level with Danny Ings).
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).