HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS TOTTENHAM AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 1/1/2020, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 7:00 PT (USA)
Venue: St Mary’s, Southampton, UK
How to legally stream Southampton vs. Spurs:
UK: BT Sports
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Southampton vs. Tottenham Team and Injury News:
Happy New Year to our regular readers!
Saints kick off 2020 with a big home match against Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham Hotspur today. Three points would be welcome as Ralph Hasenhuttl’s New Year Resolutions will certainly include helping Southampton avoid relegation from the Premier League... again.
In terms of team news, there will be late fitness tests for Southampton strike duo Shane Long and Michael Obafemi, who have been suffering with injury and illness respectively.
Meanwhile, right-back Yan Valery is definitely out with an infection.
Spurs are still missing the likes of Hugo Lloris, Ben Davies and Danny Rose with injury.
South Korean forward Heung-min Son will miss the game with suspension, but Mourinho will be able to call upon Harry Winks and Moussa Sissoko after the pair served their suspensions against Norwich City.
Southampton vs. Tottenham (via BBC Sport):
- Southampton’s 2-1 victory last season ended a run of six consecutive home league games without a win against Spurs.
- Tottenham have won 11 of the 15 league meetings since Southampton returned to the top flight in 2012 - their most victories in that period against any Premier League club.
- Southampton’s tally of 13 points from the past seven rounds of fixtures is only bettered by Liverpool and Manchester United.
- Their only two Premier League home wins this season were against the current bottom two sides, Watford and Norwich City.
- Saints are looking to avoid equalling their club top-flight record of 16 consecutive home fixtures without a clean sheet, set from March 1998 to January 1999.
- Danny Ings has scored half of his team’s 24 league goals this season, the highest proportion of any player in the top flight.
- Since Jose Mourinho took over as head coach, only Liverpool have won more Premier League points than the 16 by Spurs.
- It is a year to the day since Tottenham last kept a clean sheet away from home in the league, in a 3-0 win over Cardiff.
- They have conceded a goal in 17 successive away league matches, their longest top-flight run without a clean sheet since April 1976 to April 1977.
- Spurs haven’t lost their first league game of a calendar year since 2009, winning eight and drawing two.
- Harry Kane has scored in six consecutive league appearances against Southampton - only three players have had longer streaks versus a single Premier League opponent, led by Robin van Persie’s eight-match run against Stoke.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).