HOW TO WATCH, STREAM LEICESTER VS SOUTHAMPTON AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 11/1/2020, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 07:00 PT (USA)
Venue: King Power Stadium, Leicester, UK
How to legally stream Chelsea vs. Southampton:
UK: Listen on BBC Radio only.
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Leicester vs. Southampton Team and Injury News:
It’s happening. Southampton will today line up at the King Power Stadium to take on Leicester City after being mauled 0-9 at home by the Foxes in the return fixture.
Ralph Hasenhuttl’s Saints have somehow come back from that devastating defeat to find some semblance of form to shoot up to 12th in the Premier League table from the relegation zone, but that Leicester loss will still smart for a lot of the Southampton players appearing today.
In terms of team news, Saints reportedly have no new injury concerns heading into the game.
Southampton right back Yann Valery is still sidelined with a virus. In-form striker Danny Ings is expected to return to the starting XI after sitting out Saints’ 2-0 win over Huddersfield Town in the FA Cup.
Leicester midfielder Wilfred Ndidi will definitely be out for the game after having surgery on his injured knee.
However, James Maddison is expected to return the fold despite picking up a knock against Aston Villa midweek the Carabao Cup.
Leicester vs. Southampton Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Leicester won 9-0 in the reverse fixture in October - the biggest victory by an away side in English top-flight history.
- However, the Foxes have failed to win any of the past three league meetings at the King Power Stadium (D2, L1).
- After winning seven straight league games at home, Leicester haven’t won either of their past two (D1, L1).
- However, they have earned 45 points from their opening 21 Premier League games this season, their best record at this stage of a top-flight campaign.
- Leicester are unbeaten in all 16 Premier League matches this season against teams outside the top five in the table (W14, D2).
- The Foxes have kept eight clean sheets in this season’s Premier League, more than any other team.
- Leicester’s second-half record this season is the best of any team in the division.
- None of Jamie Vardy’s five league goals against Southampton have come at home.
- James Maddison has scored a league-high eight goals from outside the penalty area since the start of last season.
- Southampton have won four of their past five games in all competitions, drawing the other - it’s their longest unbeaten run this season.
- Saints are attempting to win three straight matches in all competitions for the first time since January 2017.
- They are vying for a third consecutive away win in the Premier League.
- Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side have earned more points away from home than at St Mary’s this season, despite playing a game fewer on the road.
- Southampton could keep consecutive Premier League clean sheets for the first time since October 2018.
- Since losing 9-0 to Leicester in October, Saints have conceded just 13 goals in 11 league games.
- Danny Ings has scored nine goals in as many league starts, and has 13 for the season.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).