HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS WEST BROM AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 4/10/2020, 12:00 (UK), 07:00 ET, 04:00 PT (USA)
Venue: St Mary’s Stadium, Southampton, UK
How to watch How to watch Southampton vs West Brom on TV
UK: BT Sport.
Canada: Streaming only on DAZN. See below for more information.
Check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
How to legally stream Southampton vs West Brom online
UK: BT Sport
USA: Peacock/NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
Check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
INJURY NEWS: Southampton injury news ahead of West Brom
INJURY UPDATE: West Brom team news for Southampton clash
Southampton vs. West Brom team and injury news
Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl will be hoping his side can carry the momentum from last week’s 1-0 victory over Burnley.
The Austrian has close to a full squad to pick from.
Nathan Redmond was back in training this week and could feature against West Bromwich Albion after spending a couple of weeks sidelined with the ankle injury he picked up against Brentford in the Carabao Cup.
New Saints signing Mohammed Salisu has increased the intensity of his training, but it’s not expected that he’ll play for Southampton until later in the month.
West Brom manager Slaven Bilic is unlikely to be able to call upon two new signings in Filip Krovinovic, who re-joined the Baggies on loan this week, and Branislav Ivanovic.
However, Connor Gallagher, who is on loan from Chelsea, could be set for his Premier League debut.
West Brom defensive mainstay Ahmed Hegazi could feature. However, fellow defender Kieran Gibbs will miss out through suspension.
Southampton vs. West Brom pre-match stats
- Southampton have won their last three league meetings with West Brom and will equal their longest ever Premier League winning streak against a particular opponent should they win.
- West Brom have beaten the Saints only twice in their past 11 contests in league and cup (D2, L7).
- The away side has won four of the last five meetings between the clubs in all competitions (L1).
- Saints have kept a clean sheet in nine of their previous 16 Premier League meetings with West Brom (56%).
- Southampton have lost just two of their past 10 league games (W5, D3), albeit both of those defeats have come this campaign.
- Saints have earned just 21 points from 20 Premier League home games since the start of last season, fewer than any other ever-present top-flight side.
- They have won their past eight fixtures against promoted opposition.
- Southampton conceded five goals in their last home game, as many as in their previous five matches at St Mary’s.
- Their last nine league goals were either scored by Danny Ings or Che Adams.
- Ings has scored a joint league-high 13 goals in 2020, level with Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah.
West Bromwich Albion
- West Brom gained their first point of the season in last week’s 3-3 draw with Chelsea.
- Dating back to last season, West Brom are winless in seven league matches (D4, L3).
- The 11 goals they have conceded this season is a new Premier League record over the opening three fixtures.
- The Baggies have won just two of their past 19 top-flight away games (D4, L13).
- Albion have let in three second-half goals in every league match so far.
- Games featuring the Baggies have produced 16 goals so far in 2020-21, a joint league-high with Leicester.
- Matheus Pereira has been involved in nine goals in his last 10 league games, scoring three and assisting six more. He has contributed to three of the Baggies’ five league goals this term (one goal and two assists).
All stats come via BBC Sport.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).