HOW TO WATCH, STREAM LIVERPOOL VS SOUTHAMPTON AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 1/2/2020, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 07:00 PT (USA)
Venue: Anfield, Liverpool, UK
How to legally stream Liverpool vs. Southampton:
UK: Radio only.
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Liverpool vs. Southampton Team and Injury News:
After a week of FA Cup football, the Premier League is back.
Can Southampton spoil Liverpool’s run to an unbeaten season? Saints fans will certainly hope so.
Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl has a couple of injury worries before their trip to Anfield.
Stuart Armstrong is definitely out injured with a hip injury picked up against Tottenham last week in the cup. However, centre-back Jannik Vestergaard could return to the first team after recovering from a concussion.
New loan signing Kyle Walker-Peters, who joined from Spurs, will not feature.
Liverpool’s talismanic coach Jurgen Klopp has significant injury worries too.
Former Saint Sadio Mane is definitely out with a muscle injury. Steady hand James Milner and winger Xherdan Shaqiri are also set to miss out on Southampton’s visit.
Another former Southampton player in Adam Lallana could return to the side after recovering from a virus.
Liverpool vs. Southampton Stats Zone (via BBC Sport):
- Liverpool are looking for a sixth consecutive league win against Southampton.
- However, Saints have managed to win on two of their past seven visits to Anfield - once in the league and once in the League Cup.
- Southampton failed to score in their last three Premier League matches at Anfield.
- Liverpool have won 19 successive Premier League home games - including all 12 this season. They could equal Manchester City’s Premier League record of 20, set between March 2011 and March 2012.
- Their 70 points from 24 matches this season is a top-flight record.
- They are the first club in Europe’s top five leagues to win more than 22 of their opening 24 fixtures of a league campaign.
- In all top-flight divisions around the world, only Surinam’s Robin Hood and Ukraine’s Shakhtar Donetsk are currently on a longer unbeaten league run than Liverpool’s 41 games.
- Liverpool have earned 10 points more at home in 2019-20 than any other Premier League team.
- Mohamed Salah has scored five goals in as many league appearances against Southampton.
- Ten of Salah’s 12 Premier League goals this season were scored in home fixtures.
- Southampton have won five of their past seven league games (D1, L1).
- They are aiming for a club record fifth consecutive away win in the league in the same season.
- Saints have earned nine more points away from home this season than at St Mary’s, despite playing the same number of matches.
- They have kept four away clean sheets in this season’s Premier League - only Liverpool have kept more.
- Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side have scored in 11 consecutive Premier League away matches.
- Former Liverpool player Danny Ings needs one goal to become the fifth player to score at least 15 Premier League goals for Southampton in a season.
- Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg is set to make his 100th Premier League appearance.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).