HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS ASTON VILLA AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 22/2/2020, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 7:00 PT (USA)
Venue: St Mary’s, Southampton, UK
How to legally stream Southampton vs. Aston Villa online:
UK: Radio only - Talksport 2
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Southampton vs. Aston Villa Team and Injury News:
Southampton will look to quickly get over their home defeat to Burnley last week as they host fellow relegation-battlers Aston Villa at St. Mary’s today.
In terms of team news, Southampton will be missing recent arrival Kyle Walker-Peters, who is on loan from Tottenham Hotspur, after he sustain a calf injury.
Saints manager Ralph Hasenhuttl will also be missing wingers Nathan Redmond and Sofiane Boufal with injuries. After the Burnley game, Hasenhuttl revealed that Redmond is expected to be out injured for at least one month.
Meanwhile, Aston Villa look set to welcome back Tyrone Mings to their defence after he recovered from tonsillitis.
Southampton vs. Aston Villa (via BBC Sport):
- Southampton can equal their longest Premier League winning streak versus Aston Villa: three matches from 1993 to 1994, and again between 1999 and 2000.
- Villa are winless in seven matches against Southampton in all competitions since a 3-2 triumph at St Mary’s in December 2013 (D3, L4).
- Southampton’s home record is the worst in the division. They have earned three wins and 11 points from 13 games at St Mary’s.
- It’s their lowest points tally after 13 top-flight home fixtures since 1991-92.
- Saints are the first side to concede 30 top-flight goals after 13 home games of a season since Ipswich in 1963-64.
- They have suffered three defeats in four league matches and could lose three in a row for the first time since November.
- Danny Ings is one short of 100 Premier League appearances. He has scored 18 goals in all competitions this season - the only English top-flight players to have been more prolific so far are Raheem Sterling, with 20, and 19-goal Marcus Rashford.
- Shane Long has been directly involved in 10 goals in his past seven Premier League starts against Aston Villa, scoring six and providing four assists.
- It’s just one league win in five games for Villa, who have lost eight of the past 12.
- Their only away league victory in nine attempts came at Burnley on New Year’s Day. They conceded at least two goals in seven of the other eight away matches during that time.
- Aston Villa are the only side yet to keep a clean sheet away from home in the Premier League this season.
- They could go 21 successive top-flight away matches without a clean sheet for the first time since a run of 38 between October 1986 and September 1989.
- Dean Smith’s side have the division’s worst defensive record ahead of the weekend, conceding 50 goals.
- Jack Grealish has created 68 chances in the Premier League this season, more than any other English player. He has scored seven league goals and set up six.
- Matt Targett scored one goal in 43 Premier League appearances for Southampton between 2014 and 2019.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).