HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS NEWCASTLE AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 7/3/2020, 15:00 (UK), 10:00 ET, 7:00 PT (USA)
Venue: St Mary’s, Southampton, UK
How to legally stream Southampton vs. Newcastle online:
UK: Not broadcast via stream
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Southampton vs. Newcastle Team and Injury News:
Southampton are seeking to quickly get over their 3-1 away defeat to West Ham last weekend as they welcome Newcastle United to St. Mary’s, another team looking over their shoulders in the midst of a Premier League relegation battle.
Saints’ flying Malian forward Moussa Djenepo is set to return to the first team after missing last week’s defeat due to a family bereavement.
However, there are two midfield selection headaches for Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl. Stuart Armstrong is a certainty to miss out after suffering a concussion and young midfielder Will Smallbone is also sidelined with an illness.
As for Newcastle, Steve Bruce indicated that winger Allan Saint-Maximin could be available after overcoming a hamstring injury.
Javi Manquillo may feature, having recovered from a torn hamstring.
Southampton vs. Newcastle (via BBC Sport):
- Newcastle are unbeaten in their past five league games against Southampton (W3, D2).
- However, they have not won at Southampton in six visits (D2, L4).
- The Magpies are looking to record only their second Premier League double over Southampton, and their first since 2004-05.
- Southampton have won 15 Premier League matches against Newcastle, more than they have against any other club.
- Southampton have lost three of their past four Premier League games, as many as they had in their previous 12.
- They have conceded 51 league goals this season - only Aston Villa have let in more.
- Saints are aiming to keep consecutive Premier League home clean sheets for the first time since a run of three from November to December 2016.
- Danny Ings has scored in 14 of Southampton’s 28 Premier League games this season - no other player has scored in more top-flight games in 2019-20.
- However, after a run of 10 goals in 11 Premier League matches, Ings has netted only one in his last six.
- All four of Michael Obafemi’s competitive goals for Southampton have been scored in away matches.
- Newcastle are winless in five Premier League games (D3, L2), and have failed to score in their last four.
- They have the worst form in the Premier League over the last 10 matches, earning just seven points.
- The Magpies have scored just 24 goals in this league campaign, fewer than any other top-flight side.
- They have also conceded a league-high 29 goals away from home in this season’s Premier League.
- Their three league goals since 11 January have all come after the 90th minute.
- Miguel Almiron has scored four goals in his five FA Cup matches this season, but has only scored two goals in his 24 Premier League appearances in 2019-20.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).