HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS ARSENAL AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 7/3/2020, 18:00 (UK), 13:00 ET, 10:00 PT (USA)
Venue: St Mary’s, Southampton, UK
How to watch Southampton vs. Arsenal on TV:
UK: Sky Sports
Canada: Stream only - DAZN. Further information below. ⬇
Check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
How to legally stream Southampton vs. Arsenal online:
UK: Sky GO
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Southampton vs. Arsenal Team and Injury News:
Southampton return home to St Mary’s for the first time since early March in their second game back since Premier League football resumed play.
This will be Arsenal’s third game since football returned behind closed doors amid the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
Southampton’s Shane Long has returned to the substitutes bench after recovering from a back injury. However, Moussa Djenepo is still out as he serves his three-match suspension for a red card picked up against Newcastle.
Meanwhile, Arsenal are a team totally affected by injuries.
Bernd Leno’s knee injury picked up against Brighton on Saturday sees him join a list of crocked players including Calum Chambers, Pablo Mari, Gabriel Martinelli, Lucas Torreira and Southampton loanee Cedric Soares.
Southampton starting XI
⚠️ T E A M S H E E T ⚠️— Southampton FC (@SouthamptonFC) June 25, 2020
Here’s how #SaintsFC will line-up against #AFC tonight: pic.twitter.com/C7UzjOXaPk
Arsenal starting XI
Four changes from Brighton...— Arsenal (@Arsenal) June 25, 2020
➡️ Martinez, Tierney, Xhaka, Nketiah
⬅️ Leno, Kolasinac, Guendouzi, Lacazette#SOUARS
Southampton vs. Arsenal (via BBC Sport):
- Southampton have won three of their past five Premier League home games against Arsenal, more than they had in their previous 12 against them.
- Ralph Hasenhuttl’s first victory as Southampton manager was against the Gunners in December 2018.
- Southampton have only conceded more Premier League goals against Manchester United (82) than they have against Arsenal (76).
- Southampton have lost nine home games in the league this season, more than any other top-flight side. Their Premier League club record for home defeats is 10, set in 1993-94 when there were 42 matches.
- The Saints are yet to draw a league game in 2020, winning five and losing five.
- They have kept a clean sheet in four of those five victories, while they’ve conceded at least twice in four of the five defeats.
- Danny Ings has scored three goals in his last two league appearances against Arsenal.
- Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg’s 40 shots without scoring a goal is the most by any top-flight player this season.
- Arsenal have lost 10 points from winning positions in their 12 Premier League games under Mikel Arteta - as many as they had lost in their previous 36 combined under Freddie Ljungberg and Unai Emery.
- The Gunners’ only victories in 15 league away fixtures this season have come against West Ham and Newcastle.
- They go into this game with a goal difference of zero - they’ve not finished a top-flight season on a negative goal difference since 1975-76.
- One goal in this match for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang would see him become the sixth fastest player to reach 50 Premier League goals in what is his 78th appearance.
- However, he could go four league games without a goal for the first time since November 2014.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).