HOW TO WATCH, STREAM WATFORD VS SOUTHAMPTON AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 19/5/2020, 16:30 (UK), 11:30 ET, 8:30 PT (USA)
Venue: Vicarage Road, Watford, UK
How to legally stream Norwich vs. Southampton:
UK: Sky Go.
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Watford vs. Southampton Team and Injury News:
Southampton will be looking to quickly get over a disappointing 2-0 home loss to Arsenal on Thursday evening when they visit Watford today.
For Saints, both Jack Stephens and Moussa Djenepo are definitely missing out today as they serve respective suspensions for red cards picked up against Arsenal and Newcastle.
Sofiane Boufal and Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg are somewhat fitness doubts for Southampton, but could still feature.
Watford also have some players who are definitely sidelined.
Daryl Janmaat, Gerard Deulofeu and Isaac Success are all out for the rest of the season.
It’s expected that Watford boss Nigel Pearson will ring in the changes after his side lost to Burnley last time out. Pearson, of course, was once manager of Saints.
Watford vs. Southampton Stats (via BBC Sport):
- Watford have won just one of their past 13 matches against Southampton in all competitions.
- They have drawn four meetings at Vicarage Road and lost two since beating the Saints there in 2007 in the Championship.
- Watford have earned six points from nine matches, having taken 13 points from their first six games under Nigel Pearson.
- Only Burnley have kept more Premier League home clean sheets than Watford’s seven this campaign. This is one short of equalling their club top-flight record for most home clean sheets in a single season set in 2015-16.
- They are the only top-flight team yet to score from outside the penalty area this season, despite attempting 121 shots from outside the box.
- Ben Foster could become only the 19th player to start 100 consecutive Premier League games. He would be the oldest player to do so, aged 37 years and 86 days.
- Southampton have won a league-high 62% of their points away from home this season.
- They need one win to set a new club record of eight away victories in a single campaign.
- Only Manchester City (14) have scored in more Premier League away matches than Southampton (13) this season. The Saints only failed to net at Turf Moor and Anfield.
- They are yet to draw a league game in 2020, having won five and lost six.
- The Saints have made 10 errors that have led to goals this season, the most in the Premier League.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).