HOW TO WATCH, STREAM MANCHESTER UNITED VS SOUTHAMPTON AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 13/7/2020, 20:00 (UK), 15:00 ET, 12:00 PT (USA)
Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester, UK
How to legally stream Norwich vs. Southampton:
UK: Sky Go.
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Manchester United vs. Southampton Team and Injury News:
Southampton arrive at Old Trafford in good form, but there are few sides looking better than Manchester United at the moment.
In fact, United would top the league if it had started in February.
Saints are without Moussa Djenepo, Sofiane Boufal and Yan Valery due to injuries. It’s thought they are unlikely to play again this season.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has named the same United starting line up in their last four league games.
The Red Devils have no new injury concerns and are expected to field the same starting XI as they aim to finish in the Premier League table’s top four for a Champions League spot.
Manchester United vs. Southampton Stats (via BBC Sport):
- Manchester United have won just two of their last six Premier League home games against Southampton (D2, L2), having won 13 of the first 14 meetings at Old Trafford.
- If Southampton avoid defeat it will be just the second time they have ended a Premier League season without losing either of their fixtures against United.
- Saints have lost more matches (26) and conceded more goals (82) versus United than they have against any other Premier League side.
- Southampton have lost nine Premier League matches against United after scoring the opening goal, including a 3-2 defeat at Old Trafford last season.
- Manchester United are undefeated in 10 Premier League games (W7, D3), the longest current unbeaten run in the division.
- They are undefeated in their last 17 matches in all competitions (W13, D4), their best run since going 18 games without defeat in March 2013.
- The Reds have lost just one of their last 15 home league games (W9, D5), winning the last four by an aggregate score of 13-2.
- United’s victory against Aston Villa meant they became the first Premier League team to win four consecutive matches by at least three goals.
- They require eight points out of a possible 12 in their final four league fixtures to equal their points total of last season (66).
- Bruno Fernandes has been directly involved in 13 goals in his first 10 Premier League games for Manchester United (seven goals, six assists), the joint-most of any player in their first 10 appearances in the competition, along with Mick Quinn.
- United have won a joint-record 13 penalties in the Premier League this season.
- Southampton have earned 27 points away from home this season, ranking them fourth in the Premier League.
- They have scored in 15 Premier League away matches this season, a joint-league high alongside Chelsea, only failing to score at Turf Moor and Anfield.
- However, they have won only one of their last 23 Premier League away games against sides from the established top six (D5, 17).
- Danny Ings has scored 11 league goals away from home and 19 in total.
- Ings has registered the opening goal a league-high nine times this season.
- He has also scored 44% of Southampton’s league goals this this season (19 of 43), the largest share of any Premier League player.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).