HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS BRIGHTON AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 16/7/2020, 20:15 (UK), 15:15 ET, 12:15 PT (USA)
Venue: St Mary’s, Southampton, UK
How to watch Southampton vs. Brighton on TV:
UK: BT Sport 2
USA: Peacock / NBC Sports Gold
Canada: Stream only - DAZN. Further information below. ⬇
Check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
How to legally stream Southampton vs. Brighton online:
UK: BT Sport
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Southampton vs. Brighton Team and Injury News:
Southampton are on the hunt to continue their good run of form since the restart and take on a Brighton side who look well clear of any relegation battles from the Premier League.
Saints boss Ralph Hasenhuttl is unable to call upon Sofiane Boufal, Moussa Djenepo and Yan Valery due to their injuries, but is expected to rotate some players in his squad due to the tight turnaround of games following Southampton’s dramatic 2-2 draw at Manchester United on Monday night.
Brighton manager Graham Potter has two notable players unavailable. Midfielder Steven Alzate and pacy winger Jose Izquierdo are both out injured.
Southampton vs. Brighton Stats and Facts (via BBC Sport)
- Brighton are the side Southampton have faced the most in the Premier League without losing, having gone undefeated in all five matches against them.
- The Saints have lost just two of their past 19 matches against the Seagulls in all competitions.
- Brighton’s solitary league win in six matches at St Mary’s was in League One in November 2009.
- Southampton are the only Premier League side this season to have earned more points away than at home (17 home, 28 away).
- One more home defeat would set a new club league record of 11 in a season.
- The Premier League record for most home defeats in a single campaign and avoiding relegation is 11 by Hull City (2008-09), Sunderland (2013-14) and Crystal Palace (2016-17).
- After scoring in seven of his first 11 home league matches this season, Danny Ings has netted in just one of his last six at St Mary’s.
Brighton & Hove Albion
- Brighton are unbeaten in five Premier League away games (W1, D4), which is the longest current run in the top flight.
- If they avoid defeat in this match they would set a new club record for top-flight away games without losing.
- They are aiming to win consecutive top-flight away fixtures for only the third time after April 1981 and October to November 2017.
- They have won just two of their 21 midweek Premier League matches, beating Crystal Palace in December 2018 and Arsenal earlier this season.
- Graham Potter’s only Premier League experience as a player was eight appearances for Southampton in 1996-97. His only victory in those matches was a famous 6-3 win over Manchester United in October 1996.
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).