HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS SHEFFIELD UNITED AND PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 26/7/2020, 16:00 (UK), 11:00 ET, 8:00 PT (USA)
Venue: St Mary’s, Southampton, UK
How to legally stream Southampton vs. Sheffield United online:
UK: Sky GO
USA: NBC Sports, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Southampton vs. Sheffield United Team and Injury News:
Saints manager Ralph Hasenhuttl will hope to see his men finish the 2019/20 Premier League campaign strong as they welcome the impressive Sheffield United to St Mary’s today.
Southampton wingers Moussa Djenepo and Sofiane Boufal will missed out with injury. It was Djenepo who scored a brilliant goal to seal victory at Bramall Lane for the Saints earlier in the season.
Defenders Jan Bednarek and Yan Valery could return to the squad, having overcome respective injury issues.
Blades boss Chris Wilder will be missing Lys Mousset due to injury. However, John Fleck could start having made two brief substitute appearances since returning from a groin injury.
Southampton vs. Sheffield United Stats and Facts (via BBC Sport)
- This is the 50th league meeting, with Sheffield United leading Southampton by 22 wins to 15.
- Sheffield United last visited Southampton in February 2009, when they won 2-1 at St Mary’s in a Championship match.
- There has been a red card in each of the past five meetings in all competitions.
- Southampton have hosted Sheffield United just twice in the Premier League, but those two games produced a total of 11 goals.
- Southampton could go unbeaten in seven consecutive Premier League fixtures within a single season for the first time since a run of eight in 2013.
- They have lost just one of their eight matches since the restart, taking 15 points out of a possible 24.
- However, only Norwich have a worse home record this season, with just 18 of Southampton’s 49 points collected at St Mary’s.
- Southampton are the only Premier League club to have won more points in away matches than in home fixtures this season.
- They have scored just four goals in total in their last four home games.
- Saints have won all five Premier League matches against promoted opposition this campaign.
- Southampton have won their final game in just one of their past nine Premier League seasons, beating Crystal Palace 4-1 in 2015-16.
- Danny Ings could become just the second Southampton player to score 10 or more goals both home and away in a single Premier League campaign, emulating Matt Le Tissier in 1993-94.
- Ings has scored in 19 Premier League matches this season, three more than any other player. Only seven players have scored in at least 20 Premier League matches in a 38-match season: Alan Shearer, Kevin Phillips, Thierry Henry, Cristiano Ronaldo, Didier Drogba, Robin van Persie and Mohamed Salah.
- Sheffield United could lose three consecutive league matches for the first time this season.
- The Blades have lost four of their past eight Premier League games, as many as they had in their previous 22.
- They have not won any of their last five away league fixtures (D2, L3).
- Only bottom two Watford and Norwich have scored fewer away goals than Sheffield United’s 14 in this season’s top flight.
- But the Blades have already equalled the club record of 14 Premier League wins in a season. Not since 1991-92, when they won 16, have they won more top-flight fixtures in a single season.
- Only Liverpool and Manchester City have conceded fewer Premier League goals than Sheffield United’s 36. The fewest goals conceded by a promoted club in a season is 41 by Newcastle United in 1993-94.
- Sheffield United have lost their final league match in only one of the past eight seasons: a 2-0 home defeat against Scunthorpe United in League One in 2015-16.
- George Baldock could become just the second player to complete all of Sheffield United’s Premier League fixtures in a single season, after Phil Jagielka in 2006-07.
- Dean Henderson has kept 13 clean sheets in the Premier League this season - only two goalkeepers from a promoted club have kept more in a 38-match season: Edwin van der Sar (15 for Fulham in 2001-02) and Michel Vorm (14 for Swansea City in 2011-12).