HOW TO WATCH, STREAM SOUTHAMPTON VS LEICESTER CITY AND OTHER PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES:
Date/time: 30/4/2021, 20:00 (UK), 15:00 ET, 12:00 PT (USA)
Venue: St Mary’s Stadium, Southampton, UK
How to watch Southampton vs Leicester on TV
UK: Sky Sports
Canada: Streaming only on DAZN. See below for more information.
Check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
How to legally stream Southampton vs Leicester online
UK: Sky GO
USA: Peacock, Fubo.TV (Watch EVERY Southampton game in the USA with a high-quality and legal stream, click here to sign up for a free Fubo.TV trial and benefit from a discount for new members)
Canada: DAZN (Watch EVERY Saints match in Canada with a high-quality, legal stream with DAZN. Click here to start your free DAZN trial to watch Premier League soccer)
Check out LiveSoccerTV for alternatives.
St. Mary’s Musings has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Southampton injury update: Two key men to miss Leicester game
Leicester injury update: Turkish duo back in contention, one key man injured
Southampton vs. Leicester City team news
Southampton have had a poor 2021 and have slid down the table since briefly topping the Premier League in November.
Saints now lie 15th in the Premier League standings, having lost 12 of their last 15 games in the league.
On the other hand, Leicester City have been consistently good throughout the 2020/21 campaign as they chase a place in next season’s Champions League.
Third in the league, Brendan Rodgers’ side also booked their place in the FA Cup final at the expense of Southampton earlier in the month with an uneventful 1-0 victory.
Ralph Hasenhuttl is unable to call on two key players for Leicester’s visit today.
Saints’ main goalscoring threat Danny Ings is out after he picked up a hamstring injury against Tottenham Hotspur in their last game.
Ryan Bertrand is also out, joining Oriol Romeu and Will Smallbone on the sidelines.
The Foxes won’t be able to call on Harvey Barnes today as he recovers from his knee injury and subsequent surgery. However, Turkish duo Caglar Soyuncu and Cengiz Under are back in contention to play.
Southampton vs Leicester City pre-match stats
- Leicester won the reverse fixture 2-0 and could complete a league double against Southampton for the first time since 2000.
- The Foxes have earned three successive Premier League victories at St. Mary’s, including last season’s top-flight record 9-0 away win.
- Saints have lost 12 of their past 15 league games, a run which began with defeat against Leicester.
- They have taken just 10 points from 16 league matches in 2021, five points fewer than any other side.
- Southampton have dropped an unrivalled 21 points from winning positions this term.
- A seventh home league victory of the season would be their most for five years.
- The Saints can concede multiple goals in six consecutive top-flight matches within a season for the first time since a run of seven from December 1988 to February 1989.
- Theo Walcott has scored five goals in 10 Premier League appearances against Leicester.
- With five games still to play, Leicester have equalled their total of 62 points from the previous season.
- Only two of their nine league defeats this season have come away from home.
- They’re trying to avoid losing consecutive Premier League away games for the first time since the end of last season.
- The Foxes could equal the club top-flight record of 11 away wins in a season, set in their title-winning campaign in 2015-16.
- Ayoze Perez has scored seven top-flight goals against Southampton, more than against any other side.
- Kelechi Iheanacho has scored 14 goals in his last 14 appearances. He could become the first Leicester player other than Jamie Vardy to score in four consecutive Premier League matches.
- All five of Vardy’s Premier League goals against Southampton were scored at St. Mary’s Stadium.
Stats via BBC Sport
Follow the action with live tweets here (please note, we’re not responsible for its content).